Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These old-fashioned Halloween treats are surprisingly easy to make and oh so yummy! The shown weight of the popcorn pkg is a guess, just use standard size pkg's.
- 3 (3 ounce) bags microwave popcorn, naturally-flavored
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pop corn in the microwave using package's directions one bag at a time, removing any unpopped kernels.
- popped corn in warm (not hot) oven to keep warm and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan with a candy thermometer inserted, combine butter, sugar, and corn syrup.
- Stir well and bring to boiling over medium heat.
- Stir in condensed milk; simmer, stirring constantly, until thermometer reads 238 degrees F (114 degrees C).
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour caramel over popped corn and stir to coat.
- Butter hands lightly; shape popcorn into balls about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.