Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my sister-in-law's recipe for yummy, gooey breakfast treats. It's embarrassing how many of these my family eats in one sitting! They are absolutely worth the effort, and can be prepared the night before for an easier morning.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F)
- 3⁄4 cup warm milk (110-115 degrees F)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 3⁄4-4 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsley chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add the milk, sugar, oil, salt and 1 1/4 cups of the flour. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bown, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and turn onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll into an 18"x12" rectangle.
- Spread butter to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter.
- Roll up jelly roll style, starting wtih the long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices.
- Cobmine brown sugar and whipping cream; pour into a greased 13"x9" baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Place rolls, cut side down, over pecans. (If making the night before, stop here.).
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes (start checking after 25 minutes) or until well browned. Cool for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving platter.