Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Wonderful with your cup of coffee!
Top Review by Ginger Rose
This is the first time I've ever used pecans (we can't get them here). Conclusion? They taste exactly like walnuts! Anyway, that withstanding, this tasted really good. I just made some slight changes though as I halved the amount of sugar in the cake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup pecan pieces, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For Cake: Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to butter mixture. Beat until fluffy.
- For Filling: Combine cinnamon, brown sugar, and pecans in small bowl.
- Assembly and Baking: Grease and flour 9x13 baking dish. Pour half of batter into pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle half of filling over batter. Pour and spread remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining filling. Bake for 35 minutes at 350º. While baking, prepare topping.
- For Caramel Topping: Melt butter in medium saucepan over moderate heat. Add milk, brown sugar, and pecans and stir 3-4 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and pour caramel mixture over the top, spreading evenly. Broil cake, watching carefully, until caramel topping begins to bubble, about 3 minutes. Let cake cool completely.