- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 1.23 ml pure vanilla extract
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 12 fresh figs, stemmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 473.19 ml really good vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve sugar in 1/4 cup water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place over high heat; wash down sides of pan with pastry brush. Cook, without stirring, swirling pan occasionally, until an amber-colored caramel forms, about 8-10 minutes. Watch it carefully.
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully stir in cream. Reheat until smooth. Add vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix well. Remove from heat. Let stand until cool.
- Scoop ice cream into serving bowls and arrange figs on top. Drizzle with caramel sauce.