Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Caramel Date Fingers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 125 g butter, melted
- 14 ounces Nestle sweetened condensed milk
- 30 g butter, softened
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup pistachio nut, chopped
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Stir in melted butter and mix well. Press into the base of a greased and lined 20cm × 30cm baking tin. Cook in a preheated 180 °C oven for 15 minutes or until firm.
- To prepare the topping, place the NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk , butter, dates and golden syrup in a small heavy based saucepan. Cook gently, stirring constantly until mixture turns golden brown.
- Spread topping over base, sprinkle over pistachio nuts and return the baking tin to the oven for a further 10 minutes, until golden. Cool in the tin before cutting into fingers.