Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very good! Perfect combination!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soften,the real stuff
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2⁄3 cup butter, the real stuff
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all crust ingredients except pecans until fine.
- Press into the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan and sprinkle pecans over crust.
- In a saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar on med.
- heat until entire surface boils, stirring constantly.
- Once mixture comes to a boil, continue boiling for just 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat after the 1 minute and pour evenly over pecans and crust.
- Bake 18-22 min.
- or until whole top layer is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with choc.
- Swirl choc.
- chips once they begin to melt and allow to cool completely.
I've been making this recipe for years - found it in a 1982 Canadian Living magazine. It is very tasty & looks very nice on my Christmas trays. My brother requests this recipe every year!