Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a Pillsbury Fast and Healthy cookbook. Anyone who loves the chocolate/caramel combo will love this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- Heat oven to 425.
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; blend well.
- Add flour, oats and cereal to sugar mixture; mix well.
- Press in bottom of sprayed foil-lined pan.
- Drizzle caramel topping to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Bake at 425 for 10 mins or until edges are light golden brown.
- Immediately sprinkle bars with choc chips- let stand 1-2 minutes to melt.
- Spread melted chips evenly over bars; cool 5 mins.
- Remove bars from pan by carefully lifting foil.
- Cool in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
This is definitely one for the chocolate/caramel fans out there. Very easy to prepare, and if you can handle waiting the 20 minute cooling period, they are delicious. I think I used a bit more than the 1/4 cup of caramel, and only had regular size chips, but the bars turned out very well. I'll definitely keep this one around! Thanks for posting.