1/2 Photos of "caramel" Apples
Not exactly caramel, but very similar, and every bit as delicious! These turn out a bit "runny" compared to most candy apples, but are really delicious chopped up and served over toasted nuts or ice cream!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pierce apples with popsicle sticks, set aside.
- 2Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- 3Add remaining ingrediants, and gently bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 4Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes; Do not uncover to stir!
- 5Remove from heat. Mixture should be thin, but sticky, and saucepan sides should be steamy.
- 6Stir well, and allow to thicken slightly before dipping apples.
- 7Apples may be double dipped if desired.
- 8Refrigerate 1-2 hours until caramel is set.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "caramel" Apples
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.6
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 38.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 54.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g