Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
150 Best Vegan Muffin Recipes Makes 24
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In saucepan, combine apples, raisins, brown sugar, margarine, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt.
- Add the apple mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Fold in the pecans.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake 20-25 minutes.