Recipe by QueenJellyBean
A fun, easy to make snack that kids and adults love. You can keep a can of apple pie filling around to use instead of fresh apples if you would prefer.
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 flour tortillas (6-inch, fajita size)
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (Fuji or Granny Smith)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup caramel apple dip
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Brush butter on one side of each tortilla; sprinkle each buttered side with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar mixture. Turn tortillas over and repeat buttering and sprinkling. Reserve remaining butter in skillet.
- Place tortillas on an un-greased baking sheet and place in oven for 1 minute. Remove from oven and roll the tortillas loosely to make tubes; placing seam side down on baking sheet. Return tortillas to oven and bake for 6-8 minutes just until lightly browned on underside and a bit crisp.
- In the remaining butter in skillet, sauté apples and remaining tablespoon sugar over high heat for about 8 minutes until lightly browned and tender. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- To serve, spoon warm apples into tortillas. Warm the caramel mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds, stopping it half way and stirring. Drizzle caramel over flautas and top with a dollop of whipped cream.