Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Blackstrap Molasses and Captian Morgan's Spiced Rum enhance these cookies as they are baked.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon mace
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh nutmeg (Grated)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg (Brown)
- 2 tablespoons rum (Captain Mrogan's Spiced Rum)
- 1⁄2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons fine sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and line 2 sheet pans with bakers's paper.
- In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, allspice, mace, cinnamon, cloves and fresh nutmeg.
- Use a Kitchen-Aid with a paddle. Beat sugar and butter until fluffy about 2-3 minutes. Add egg, Captian Morgan's Rum, Blackstrap Molasses and beat at low-speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients in small amounts until flour has been incorporated and mix until batter is smooth.
- Roll cookie dough into a ball, place in a bowl, cover with plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- Use a 2-ounce scoop for uniform size. Roll dough in the palm of your hand to form a ball. Place on sheet pans about 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten cookies. Place walnut pieces on cookies and dust with a little fine sugar.
- Bake cookies at 350 F for 8-10 minutes.
- Chef's Note: You can substitute Splenda Brown Sugar for the brown sugar.