Recipe by Sharon123
This makes a delicious appetizer, with tomato, olive,and mozzarella. Dressed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, you're in for a treat!
Top Review by Porfavorcorona
What a wonderful salad. I make it all the time for my dh but this was the first time my parents tried it. My mom asked that I leave her a copy of the recipe. She can't wait for the summer tomato crops. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 4 1⁄2 ounces mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
- 12 black olives, pitted and sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil leaf, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp knife, cut the tomatoes into thin slices.
- Drain the mozzarella, if necessary, and cut into slices.
- Layer the tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, and basil leaves alternately in a stack, finishing with a layer of cheese on top.
- Place each stack under a preheated hot broiler for 2-3 minutes or just long enough to melt the mozzarella.
- Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and season to taste with a little salt and pepper.
- Transfer to individual serving plates and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Serve immediately.