Simple Good Healthy Capri Salad
photo by kitty.rock
- Ready In:
- 4 large fresh mozzarella balls
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Slice the fresh Mozzarella Balls into 3 or 4 slices.
- Core and remove a very thin slice from the bottom of the washed Tomatoes, slice into 4 or 5 slices.
- Between 4 salad plates divide the Mozzarella and Tomato slices layering the slices alterantely (See Photo).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the Basil and sprinkle over the top of each salad.
- Drizzle 1/2 a Tablespoon of Olive Oil over each salad.
- Serve with Lemon wedges or squeeze the lemon on top before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent! Make a similar summer mini appetizer - large tomatoes and good sized balls of cheese plated makes for one great salad. Am very partial to Saputo cheese with the tomatoes and basil. Can't wait to make this with vine ripened tomatoes from the garden - then I would need more stars! Thank you for sharing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love trying new recipes!!! I get bored eating the same things, at least I think I would if I ever did. Love all types of cuisine. Always ready to try something new. I have a few 'aversions'; anything hydrogenated, High Fructose Corn Syrup, & MSG and Cool Whip. If these ingredients are in something I will not eat it (Probably, maybe not, unless it looks really really good). Grandmother of six, even though I am sure that I am not old enough, and certianly don't feel old enough at my age (55) to have that many. One more thing about me, I am blessed with a very loving husband who will eat anything I cook and never complains.