Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
For the coffee lover in all of us!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 dozen chocolate-covered coffee beans
- your favorite white frosting
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, espresso powder and cinnamon.
- Cream together the butter, margarine and sugar; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Shape dough into ball, cover in plastic wrap and chill several hours.
- Fill a cookie gun fitted with the star template, or fill a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, with the dough.
- Press or pipe dough out onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely and spoon a small dab of white frosting (you may tint any color, if you wish) in the center of each star and top each with a chocolate-covered coffee bean.