Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I got from a friend that's diabetic. You can also make this the fattening way with whole milk, reg. pudding, and reg. Cool Whip. I've also made this with flavored coffee's for a richer flavor. I also prefer to chill before serving, but you don't have to.
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold skim milk
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Cool Whip Free (sugar and fat free Cool Whip)
- Cool Whip (optional)
- chocolate wafer crumbs (optional)
- Dissolve coffee in water; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, pudding mix, and cinnamon.
- Beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in coffee.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spoon into serving dishes.
- Garnish with Cool Whip and wafer crumbs.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe, Nicole! I made this for my diabetic mother, and it really was good! She said it tasted "sinful" even though it's guilt-free. I'm not diabetic, but I think I will make this recipe for myself too...it's a wonderful guilt-free snack or dessert. I would love to see any other diabetic recipes you have. :-)
I really like the combo of coffee, chocolate and cinnamon, so this was a winner for me. The bonus is that my diabetic husband can eat it too.:) Thanks, Nicole, for this easy tasty creamy little treat!
This is a great diabetic dessert, a sweet treat without the sugar and fat. Quick and easy to make. I will be making this again. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting Nicole!