Prep 21 hrs
Cook 10 mins
An interesting combination...
- 6 beaten eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1⁄4 cup light rum or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded orange peel
- 10 long cinnamon sticks
- In a large, heavy saucepan mix eggs, milk, the 1/3 cup sugar, and espresso or coffee.
- Cook and stir over medium heat about 8 minutes or until mixture coats a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool quickly by placing pan in a sink or bowl of ice water and stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in rum or milk and vanilla.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap.
- Chill 4 to 24 hours.
- At serving time, in a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream and the 2 tablespoons sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Transfer chilled egg mixture to a punch bowl.
- Fold in whipped cream mixture.
- Serve at once.
- Sprinkle each serving with shredded orange peel and serve with cinnamon sticks.