Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is from Quick Cooking magazine and is credited to Lisa Allen. It sounds great for breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack.
- 3⁄4 cup warm milk (70-80 degrees)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In bread machine pan, place the first 10 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting.
- Bake according to bread machine directions, checking dough after 5 minutes of mixing and adding water or extra flour if needed.
- Just before final kneading, add chocolate chips.
- Note: Do not use time-delay feature on bread machine for this recipe.