Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another pretty good diabetic recipe. It's got allot of flavor, and it makes your house smell really good too! :) The Diabetic Exchange on this one is: 2 1/2 carbohydrate (bread/starch), 1/2 fat
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 cups seeded and diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces capellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese
- Lightly coat a heavy nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place over medium heat and add the garlic slices.
- Cook slowly until garlic is lightly and evenly browned.
- Reduce heat to low and add tomatoes, basil, salt (if using), and pepper.
- Cook just until the tomatoes are heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook capellini according to package directions to al dente; drain and place on a pasta plate or in a large bowl.
- Drizzle pasta with olive oil and toss to evenly coat.
- Arrange the hot tomato mixture on top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese shavings.
- Serve at once, tossing the mixture as you serve.
We have lots of tomatoes and basil so this recipe was perfect for our lunch along with some fruit and fresh bread. I did sprinkle liberally with black pepper. Thank you MizE L for sharing.