I found this delicious recipe in the cookbook New Celtic Cooking by Kathleen Sloan-McIntosh and Ted McIntosh. I haven't tried this yet, but her comments said it is nutty tasting, good with a sharp cheddar cheese or butter and jam or Devonshire cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer (or mix by hand) and cream together well.
- 3Add the vanilla and blend well.
- 4Add the flour, baking powder and oats and continue to mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- 5Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead slightly until soft and relatively smooth.
- 6Roll out to a 1/4-inch thickness and cut into rounds or squares.
- 7Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until pale golden brown.
- 8Let cool slightly before trnsferring to a rack.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cape Breton Oatmeal Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (821 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 69.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g