Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After I trying this bread recipe a few years ago, I make it this way all the time now.
Make and share this Canyon Ranch Zucchini Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 small zucchini, finely grated, approximately 1 cup
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup prune baby food
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄3 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 whole eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Lightly coat an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 2 1/2" bread pan with canola oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, olive oil, prune puree, raisins and applesauce. Mix gently. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all flours, baking soda and baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. Stir in flax seed and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with sugar until fluffy. Stir in vanilla extract. Add zucchini mixture and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour into bread pan and bake for 45 minutes or until bread springs back when touched in the center. Cool completely on a rack. Remove from pan and cut into 18 slices.