Recipe by Wendy W88
Title is self explanatory! I usually have to double this recipe because my family eats so much of it at one sitting! I am always asked for this recipe, so enjoy!! ;-)
Top Review by Evie*
Yum! I used Rigatoni pasta as I had no macaroni, used about 2 cups but kept the sauce ingredients the same..was still cheesy and very creamy. Our processed cheese is called Chesdale here, not as orange as Velveeta but still delicious. Made enough for 3 servings.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 -2 dash black pepper
- 1 -2 dash red pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, tenderize onions in butter in a medium saucepan, but do not brown.
- Stir in flour and peppers.
- Add milk.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Add Velveeta and stir until melted.
- Add macaroni to a 1 quart casserole dish and stir in cheese sauce until well blended.
- Bake uncovered in a 350* oven for 25 minutes, then add tomato slices to top of mac'n cheese and cook 5 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes and eat as much as you can stand!