1/2 Photos of Can't Be Beet Chocolate Cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can beets, drained
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons stevia plus or 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Oil or spray your cooking pan(s).
- 2Puree the beets in a food processor with a bit of water.
- 3Put the pureed beets into a small bowl. Add apple sauce, 1/4 cup water, vanilla extract, and apple cider to the beets and mix well.
- 4In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together; then add the beet mixture and stir until well-combined.
- 5Bake for 20-30 minutes (Depending on the size of pan you use: more for small, deep pans and less for a 9x13 pan. Test by inserting a toothpick into the center; it's done when the toothpick comes out clean.).
- 6Allow to cool completely before cutting, frosting, and serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Can't Be Beet Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.3
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 335.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: