Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Hearty winter soup.
Make and share this Cannellini Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fennel, diced
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian sausage, sliced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cannellini beans, soaked overnight and drained or 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large pot, slowly cook onion, fennel and celery in oil until softened.
- Add sausage, garlic and herbs, then cook another 1-2 minute.
- Deglaze with sherry and reduce by half.
- Add the stock (it should cover by 1-1/2 inches-add more stock or water if needed).
- Add beans and simmer until very soft (about 1-1/2 hours if dry).
This is very good soup. I made a full batch for the freezer (an ongoing Fall project). I used all chicken stock with no wine and, for us, it made an excellent pot of soup. I put the soup into two serving size freezer bags and we will much enjoy it over the winter :D. Made for PAC, Fall 2012