1/2 Photos of Cannellini Bean Soup
We eat a lot of bean based soups in this house and I am always looking for another one to try. Cannellini beans are some of my favorites so I had to grab this recipe when I saw it in the Winter 2008 copy of the BBC Easy Cook magazine. The recipe states that it is suitable for freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 5 ounces bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 47 ounces chicken stock (can use vegetable stock too)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Fry the shallots, garlic, carrot, celery, leeks and bacon in the oil for 7 minutes, until softened but not brown.
- 2Pour in the stock and add the bay leaves and oregano.
- 3Season and bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- 4Tip in the beans, re-cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- 5Swirl the chopped parsley into the soup.
- 6Serve sprinkled with a little extra parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cannellini Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (689 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.3
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 824.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 34.8 g