1/1 Photo of Canned Peaches With Bourbon
3 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Peach halves canned in a bourbon/syrup mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare large pot with boiling water.
- 2Make an x in each peach bottom.
- 3Boil peaches, in batches, for approximately 2 minutes.
- 4Remove peaches from boiling water & put into water/ice bath with lemon juice (to prevent discoloration).
- 5Peel & pit peaches. (Set aside skins & pits for jelly later if you want).
- 6Place peeled/pitted peaches back into water/ice bath.
- 7Sterilise 11 pint jars by washing & then baking at 225 degrees for 25 minutes or boiling for 10 minutes. Heat jar lids & rings in pot of simmering water.
- 8Fill canning pot with water & put onto boil.
- 9Combine sugar with 6 cups water & heat. Allow to simmer.
- 10Pack peach halves into jars, cut side down. This may require using chopsticks or forks to flip the fruit over. Pack the peaches in as tightly as you can manage without damaging them.
- 11Pour 1/4 cup bourbon into jars.
- 12Fill the rest of the way with your syrup, leaving 1/2" of headspace.
- 13Clean jar rims with a damp cloth & place lids & rings on finger tight.
- 14Place jars into canning pot & bring water back to a boil.
- 15Boil for 25 minutes.
- 16Allow jars to set in canner once time is up to prevent siphoning.
- 17Remove from canner, allow to cool for 24 hours, open & enjoy or store for up to a year.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canned Peaches With Bourbon
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 44
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g