1/2 Photos of Canned Peaches Light, No Sugar Added
These peaches are made with unsweetened apple- or grape juice. They are low cal, diabetic friendly and easy to make. I clipped this recipe from the AARP magazine, the fact that is is sugarless was an instant selling point for me. Add the peach skins and pits to the canning juice and simmer it for a few minutes, the juice will turn a beautiful blush color. Be sure to remove them before filling the jars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11 lbs ripe peaches (not cling peaches)
- 2 -3 tablespoons citric acid
- 2 quarts unsweetened apple juice, or
- 2 quarts unsweetened white grape juice
- 1Sterilize canning jars and rings by simmering them in hot water for at least 10 minutes, til ready to use, have lids nearby.
- 2In another saucepan, dip fruit in boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds, until skins loosen. Dip quickly into ice water and slip off skins. Cut in half, remove pits and slice. Mix citric acid with a 1/4 of a cup of water, coat peaches to prevent darkening.
- 3Pack slices into jars, almost to the top.
- 4Bring the juice to a boil, add peach skins and pits if desired, simmer for a few minutes. Remove skins and pits and discard. Ladle juice over peaches, leaving 1/2 an inch of headspace.
- 5Adjust lids and process in a boiling water canner, with jars covered by 2 inches of water, for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove jars from canner, allow to cool for 12 hours.
- 6Unscrew metal rings to make sure lids are sealed. Each lid should be indented in the center. Store in a cool, dry, dark place for no longer then one year.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canned Peaches Light, No Sugar Added
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.3
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 65.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: