Canned Peaches With Bourbon
photo by Coraniaid
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 12 lbs peaches
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 3⁄4 cups Bourbon
- 6 cups water
- Prepare large pot with boiling water.
- Make an x in each peach bottom.
- Boil peaches, in batches, for approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove peaches from boiling water & put into water/ice bath with lemon juice (to prevent discoloration).
- Peel & pit peaches. (Set aside skins & pits for jelly later if you want).
- Place peeled/pitted peaches back into water/ice bath.
- Sterilise 11 pint jars by washing & then baking at 225 degrees for 25 minutes or boiling for 10 minutes. Heat jar lids & rings in pot of simmering water.
- Fill canning pot with water & put onto boil.
- Combine sugar with 6 cups water & heat. Allow to simmer.
- Pack peach halves into jars, cut side down. This may require using chopsticks or forks to flip the fruit over. Pack the peaches in as tightly as you can manage without damaging them.
- Pour 1/4 cup bourbon into jars.
- Fill the rest of the way with your syrup, leaving 1/2" of headspace.
- Clean jar rims with a damp cloth & place lids & rings on finger tight.
- Place jars into canning pot & bring water back to a boil.
- Boil for 25 minutes.
- Allow jars to set in canner once time is up to prevent siphoning.
- Remove from canner, allow to cool for 24 hours, open & enjoy or store for up to a year.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY