Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very creamy, delicious frosting that works great on chocolate cake. Wacky Cake is what we use. Yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (11 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cream together 1/2 cup sugar and margarine.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat till smooth and creamy.
- Note: I have found this work best if milk and margarine are ice cold.
Maybe trying to cook it would have helped. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and then add the sugar and milk stir until boiling then don't stir for 13 minutes while boiling. Take off heat add flavoring, and beat well.
THIS RECIPE DOES NOT WORK! Please don't use it...there has to be a mistake in it. Way too much milk! slm
This was very upsetting. I followed the directions exactly, checked and double checked, got the butter out of the freezer and the canned milk was refrigerated, but the result was unblended messiness, even when I let the blender go at hi and med speed for 15 min. I had to spend an hour looking for a recipe to use the otherwise wasted ingredients (thank goodness for lightening cake). There just has to be a step missing from this posting.