Recipe by gingerkitten D
This is a good recipe for using loquats if you are lucky enough to have access to a tree. You can fill these with a mixture of cream cheese, OJ concentrate, and grand marnier...piped into them...a simple classy hors d'oeuvre!
Directions See How It's Made
- wash and cut off stem ends off fruit.
- Cut in half and remove seeds.
- As you prepare fruit add it to some lemon-water.
- Make syrup by cooking water, sugar, and lemon juice together until it is ready to boil.
- Drain fruit and rinse.
- Drop fruit in syrup and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pack into hot jars, cut side down, and fill to 1/2 inch with hot syrup.
- Release air-bubbles and add more liquid if necessary.
- Clean rims and seal.
- Process pint jars in a water bath canner for 15 minutes and quart jars for 20 minutes.