Recipe by Leta
Easy to make, everyone likes cherry cordials. Great gift idea.
Top Review by Kikimony
WONDERFUL! Very, very , very good! It is time consuming but worth every minute of preparation! I used a different mold that was not as deep so I diced the cherries. Will be making for all parties and holidays! For the uncooked fondant I added 2 tsp. of the cherry juice and it was the right amount.
- 1 jar maraschino cherry, quartered lengthwise
- 1⁄2 lb melted candy making chocolate
- uncooked fondant (see Uncooked Fondant)
Directions See How It's Made
- "Paint"a cherry cordial mold (it will have fairly deep circular pockets with a little"nipple" at the top) with melted chocolate.
- Place it in your freezer for a few minutes until it sets up.
- Take a maraschino cherry that has been cut lengthwise into quarters.
- Place 3/4 of the cherry in the mold.
- Thin out a little of the fondant with some maraschino cherry juice and drop a[i]little[/i] into the mold with the cherry pieces (don't overfill or it will seep out).
- Use more melted chocolate to seal the bottom of the cordial, placing mold back in freezer for about 5 minutes or until chocolate is hard.
- Then just pop the cordials out of the mold.