1 hr 9 mins
What could be more festive than cookies at Christmas shaped like candy canes and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candy?! Another holiday tradition...(Prep time includes time to roll and shape cookies)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375°.
- 2Mix thoroughly butter, shortening, powdered sugar, egg and flavorings.
- 3Blend in flour and salt.
- 4Divide dough in half; blend in red food coloring into one half.
- 5Shape one teaspoon dough from each half into 4 inch rope.
- 6For smooth, even ropes, roll them back and forth on lightly floured board.
- 7Place ropes side-by-side.
- 8Press together lightly and twist.
- 9Complete cookies one at a time.
- 10Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- 11Curve top down to from handle of cane.
- 12Bake about 9 minutes or until set and very light brown.
- 13Mix crushed candy and granulated sugar.
- 14Immediately sprinkle warm cookies with candy mixture; remove from baking sheet.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (814 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.4
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 67.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: