1/1 Photo of Candy Apple Pie
1 hr 10 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
Now for something a little different...I hope you enjoy this lovely recipe as much as we do. You can use any type of apple that you like, but we prefer the tart ones with this dish. Real comfort food for the soul.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups apples, peeled,thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisin, large (optional)
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, shredded (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 pie crusts, not cooked (your favourite)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Prepare crust for a double crust pie.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl combine all ingredients for filling.
- 4Blend well and pour into pie shell.
- 5Dot with butter cubes and top with remaining pie crust.
- 6Cut three of four steam vents on top of pie.
- 7Bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- 8Pie Topping Put butter, brown sugar and cream in small pot and bring to a boil, remove and add pecans.
- 9Then pour over pie crust and return pie to oven for 5 minutes, until bubbly.
- 10This pie is wonderful served with sharp cheddar cheese or French vanilla bean ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.3
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.2 mg
- Sodium 457.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 52.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g