- 4 -5 small sweet potatoes, boil until soft
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2-1 cup log cabin syrup
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- grated fresh lemon rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sweet potatoes until soft and set aside.
- Mix sugar and water and stir until dissolved.
- Add syrup, butter, grated lemon rind and boil for a couple of minutes.
- Cut potatoes in slices and place in casserole dish.
- Pour sauce mixture over potatoes.
- Cut thin slices of lemon and place around potatoes.
- Cook at 400 degrees until juice starts bubbling, then cut down to 200 degrees and cook about 1 hours or as long as you want.