Recipe by AZRoxy63
Everyone who has ever tasted this has said it is the best! Try it this holiday season!
Top Review by PinkGerbera
I really liked the flavor but I would decrease the amount of nutmeg and cinnamon next time - was a little too strong for me. I loved that it smelled great in the kitchen while baking this!
- 3 (8 ounce) cans yams
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 tablespoons nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty the 3 cans of yams into an 8x8 baking pan.
- Mix brown sugar in with sauce from the yams.
- Drop the butter onto the top of the yams.
- Slice apples with skin on very, very thin and remove their cores.
- Place the slices on top of the butter and yams.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over the apple slices.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans evenly over the apples and gently mix everything together as much as possible.
- Cover all ingredients with entire bag of mimi marshmallows.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot and marsmallow on top are melted and golden brown.
- You may increase amounts to make in larger or smaller pans.