Recipe by Chef m2little#400842
Adapted from Candied Sweet Potatoes - Southern Traditional. When potatoes are leached you can cut the potassium by approximately 30% to 50%. I always follow the leaching directions to the letter and cut the potassium 50%. Cooking time is also shorter, leached potatoes cook much faster. Phosphrous = 36mg.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, leached, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- While butter is melting, in a small bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add sliced potatoes to melted butter and turn to coat.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over potatoes, stir to coat.
- Cover skillet, reduce heat to low.
- Stirring occasionally, Cook for 30-35 minutes (depending on how thick you sliced your potatoes), or until potatoes are tender.