This casserole can be made one day ahead and stored in the refrigerator unbaked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake sweet potatoes in a 350º oven on a foil-lined baking sheet about 1-1/4 hours or until tender. Cool slightly.
- 2Meanwhile, cook and stir pecans, granulated sugar, and the 1 tablespoon margarine or butter in a small heavy skillet over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until sugar melts and turns golden brown. (Don't overcook).
- 3Immediately remove from heat and spread nut mixture on a greased baking sheet or foil; separate into clusters. Cool completely and chop into small pieces with a knife; set aside.
- 4Scoop pulp from baked sweet potatoes into a mixing bowl, discarding peel. Mash by hand or beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- 5Stir in liqueur or milk, the 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Beat until fluffy.
- 6Spread mixture in a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- 7Just before baking, sprinkle with candied pecans.
- 8Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Pecan Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.6
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 222.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: