Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This is a great recipe for an outdoor party- even non-seafood lovers enjoy the mild flavor of the salmon--the taste will send you to the tropics in your own backyard!
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup marinade (I use Lawrey's Hawaiian marinade)
- 2 lbs salmon (steaks about 1/2 inch thick- skin intact)
- 2 onions, chopped into 1/2 inch cube
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish combine coconut milk; marinade and onions.
- Add salmon; cover and marinate for 2 hours, turning half way through.
- Preheat your gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
- Place the salmon skin-side-down on a well-oiled grill grate.
- Cover the grill and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. If any of the salmon pieces are cooking too quickly, move them to a cooler part of the grill.
- Continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes longer (Be careful not to overcook--they will continue to cook slightly after removing from the grill).
- Cover with an aluminum foil “tent” and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.