Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found a recipe on here called "Yakisoba chicken". I have no idea what that is nor what culture it is from but it sounded good. I do not have all the ingrediants for it because curry and sesame oil is not popular in the typical canadian diet...so they are too expensive to have as staples in the home here. So i made this version of that recipe from common ingrediants in a typical canadian home:)
- Cut up the chicken in rough pieces. They do not have have to be bitesize. Cut them larger to save time. Then when it is cooked you can break them into bite sized pieces while they are still in the skillet. It is faster and easy to break them apart after they are cook then to cut them into small pieces when the chicken is raw.
- Cut and chop the vegetables while the noodles cook.
- Heat a medium skillet for 5-7 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, oil and paprika.
- Saute about 30 seconds on medium or low heat until the peanut butter is melted.
- Add garlic and saute one minute until its browned.
- Add chicken and saute until its not pink anymore.
- set chicken aside.
- Add vegetables to the pan.
- Saute until soft.
- Add pasta and chicken to the pan and heat.
- Optional: you can add green olives too. i added a couple handfuls of green olives because i love them and we have a 2L jar to use !