Top Review by bobchile
I made this last night and it was great! It tasted like lasagna and mostaccioli, with chicken and canadian bacon. It was very good! I used quite a bit of extra garlic and some extra red pepper.
- 1 (8 ounce) package ziti pasta
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package Canadian bacon
- 1 cup light mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions without added fat or salt.
- In a large skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray sauté chicken, onion, garlic, green pepper for 10-15 minutes.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, tomato paste and red pepper.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a prepared 9-x 13-inch baking dish layer pasta, ricotta cheese, Canadian bacon and sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and dish is warmed throughout.