Recipe by Sweetiebarbara
Although I did make this "car camping", when my sons were young, it is a quick and easy, at home, top of the stove, one skillet dish. Sometimes, I use bacon, sometimes not. You might want to use less catsup, sugar, and molasses if you want it less sweet.
Top Review by B F.
I made these for the family and they practically licked their bowls. I think next time I will decrease the brown sugar to 1/8 cup as I thought they were a tad too sweet. They will never notice. Thanks for sharing this easy recipe.
- 2 slices bacon (optional)
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 (18 ounce) jar baked beans (I use B&M beans)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (like Coleman's)
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- If using bacon, cut into 1" strips crosswise and saute over medium heat with onions until translucent, then add beef. Otherwise start with next step.
- Cook beef and onions over medium high heat until onions are done, about 5-10 minutes.
- Drain fat. (I tilt the pan, and use a turkey baster to get rid of the excess fat.).
- Add remaining ingredients, stir, mixing throughly, and turn heat to low.
- Continue cooking until hot and bubbly (15-30 minutes), then serve in bowls.