Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is adapted from on by John G. Ragsdale in his book Dutch Oven Cooking.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can salmon, drained and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed, dried
- 10 biscuits, use your favoite recipe, and use as a crust to cover
- Oil a 10" dutch oven with the olive oil.
- Preheat your dutch oven to about 375 degrees. A light bed of coals to sit on and cover the lid moderately, and evenly.
- As your oven heats combine soup, crumbled salmon, celery, olives, dill weed, and soy sauce.
- Mix well and place in the bottom of your dutch oven.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- While this is cooking prepare your biscuit mix.
- Remove lid and cover evenly with the prepared biscuit mix. Replace lid and cook an additional 15 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
- Serve immediately and watch the smiles appear.