Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a tasty addition to a dairy meal. I found the recipe on the Israeli Tnuva website. I adapted for Passover by using a mixture of matza meal and potato flour instead of regular flour. It disappeared in seconds :-) (The 2,5 hours preparation time includes 2 hours chilling in the fridge)
- 1 cup flour
- 100 g soft butter
- 250 g grated strong flavoured hard cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 (125 g) camembert cheese, rounds, 125 grams each
- 1 egg white
- Mix all pastry ingredients in a food processor, wrap in plastic and chill in fridge for about 2 hours.
- Divide pastry in two and roll out in 2, 20cm diameter circles.
- Lay a camembert cheese in the center of each circle and wrap it with the pastry.
- Put on a baking try with the edges down.
- Lightly beat the egg white and brush on the pastry.
- Bake about 20 minutes until golden, remove from oven and let it rest for another 20 minutes before serving.