2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Miri G's Note:
This is a tasty addition to a dairy meal. I found the recipe on the Israeli Tnuva website. I adapted for Passover by using a mixture of matza meal and potato flour instead of regular flour. It disappeared in seconds :-) (The 2,5 hours preparation time includes 2 hours chilling in the fridge)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 100 g soft butter
- 250 g grated strong flavoured hard cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 (125 g) camembert cheese, rounds, 125 grams each
- 1 egg white
- 1Mix all pastry ingredients in a food processor, wrap in plastic and chill in fridge for about 2 hours.
- 2Divide pastry in two and roll out in 2, 20cm diameter circles.
- 3Lay a camembert cheese in the center of each circle and wrap it with the pastry.
- 4Put on a baking try with the edges down.
- 5Lightly beat the egg white and brush on the pastry.
- 6Bake about 20 minutes until golden, remove from oven and let it rest for another 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Camembert Cheese in Cheese Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.4
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 98.8 mg
- Sodium 652.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: