Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
America's Test Kitchen
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ginger, peeled, halved lengthwise, and smashed (3-inch piece)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and gently smashed
- 5 jalapeno chilies, stemmed, halved, and seeded
- 7 ounces rice noodles (3/8-inch wide)
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) rotisserie chicken, skin and bones discarded, meat shredded into bite-size pieces (3 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 5 scallions, sliced thin on bias
- Combine broth, zest, ginger, garlic, jalapenos, and 1 teaspoon salt in a Dutch oven over med-high heat and bring to boil.
- Decrease heat to medium, cover, and simmer until broth is flavorful and fragrant, about 15 minutes.
- Discard ginger, garlic, and chiles.
- Meanwhile, bring 3 quarts water to boil in a large saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add noodles and 1 tablespoon salt and cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to 4 individual serving bowls.
- Stir chicken, lime juice, cilantro, basil, and scallions into infused broth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and ladle equal amounts over each bowl of noodles; serve.