Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple spicy seafood from Mozambique. Serve with rice and lemon quarters for garnish. Adapted from "The Africa Cookbook".
- Shell the shrimp, leaving the tail "fins" intact. Devein.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chile, garlic, lemon juice and half the oil.
- Drizzle in the remaining oil, whisking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl or ziploc baggie. Pour over the oil mixture, making sure that all shrimp are covered.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the broiler or grill.
- Cook shrimp for 2 minutes on each side, or until pink.
Mmmm...so delicious. I used one long hot chili and added a bit of parsley. I emulsified it in a blender and then then marinated the shrimp in room temperature for about half an hour. It smelled really good while grilling, and it tasted equally good. Thank you.
I don't know what to say except YUM! Spicy, garlicky shrimp on the grill. I used dried chilis and had a slightly heavy hand, but we managed nicely to "suffer" through it. This is a summer must-try! Made for the Daffy Daffodils ZWT4