Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe is from the California Walnuts website.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon maple flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 2 cups california walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in maple flavouring and vanilla. Stir in pineapple and juice.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, milk powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir dry ingredients into pineapple mixture. Stir in oatmeal, raisins and walnuts until well combined. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking rack.