Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is courtesy of the California Avocado Commission. This makes a good lunch meal with a piece of fresh fruit and a glass of low-fat or non-fat milk. To increase the protein, add another can of tuna to the recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup hass avocado guacamole (California Guacamole--Diabetic Diet)
- 6 ounces tuna in water, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, diced
- 6 pita pocket bread
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup radish, sliced
- Prepare California Guacamole (recipe to be posted)
- In a bowl, combine guacamole, tuna, celery, and onion and mix well.
- Lightly toast pita pockets and cut in half. Fill each half with the tuna mixture and 1/2 lettuce leaf.
- Garnish with radish slices.