Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've developed this 'rollwich' for my two-year-old grandson Chase. He loves avocados so it'll make it easier to sneak in veggies. For adult tastebuds, I'd add onions and jalapeno peppers to the avocados.
- 1 flour tortillas (10 inch) or 1 pita bread
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 56.69 g sliced turkey or 56.69 g ham, thin deli slices
- 1 slice cheese, cut into strips (cheddar, provolone, swiss, etc.)
- 29.58 ml romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 small avocado
- 59.14 ml fresh tomato, diced
- 0.25 ml lemon juice or 0.25 ml lime juice
- 29.58 ml carrots (diced or shredded) (optional)
- 14.79 ml green pepper, diced (optional)
- Avocado Spread:.
- Scoop the flesh from the avocado and mash, mixing with a dash of lemon or lime juice.
- Mix in diced tomatoes and optional vegetables.
- Set aside.
- Spread the tortilla or pita with mayonnaise, leaving at least 1/2 inch around the outside.
- Spread avocado spread over mayonnaise.
- Top spread with shredded lettuce.
- Carefully place turkey or ham slices on top of topping (leaving room on the edge for rolling).
- Add cheese strips down the middle.
- Carefully roll the tortilla into a wrap.
- Cut into two pieces.
That bigger kid in my family--cough-cough DH--looooooved this! Made for Newest Zaar Tag '09