Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins for Kids (Or Adults)
photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together first 6 ingredients, mixing well while making a well in the center of the mixture.
- In another bowl, mix brown sugar and peanut butter with a mixer on medium speed setting until fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Now add the flour mixture to the beaten mixture; at the same time slowly add the milk and beat until well blended.
- Grease a muffin pan or line the pan cups with paper baking cups; sprinkle some wheat germ to coat the cups.
- Spoon batter into the cups, filling it about 3/4 of the way full.
- Top with additional sprinkled wheat germ and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pan; serve warm immediately or cover with foil and/or store in an air tight container until serving.
- *I also topped off these muffins by spreading on some extra peanut butter on the top.
- *To reheat: place in microwave on High for 8 seconds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were really good! I used whole wheat flour, oat flour & Splenda brown sugar blend. I also added 1/4 cup Splenda, natural peanut butter & 1/2 tsp cinn. I topped them with a cinn/Splenda before baking for 15 min. Came out moist & delicious. Loved the healthy ingredients, too. Thank you for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Welcome! I joined this website in 2001, as a new wife and Mom of a 1 y/o and I was 28 yrs old and did not know about cooking. I found this website cause I searched the web and wanted to find a good recipe for carrots! I found that recipe and so much more here over the years. I learned so much from this website and opened up my eyes to other recipes. I now am 46 y/o. I am now divorced and my then 1 y/o son is now a Marine. I have a wonderful man in my life that loves and appreciates my cooking and I thank this site for all of its help. I still come here for recipes. I hope you like my recipes and your family enjoys them also....there is many here and I love to pass them on.