Someone on Zaar said that CPK is not serving this salad anymore and wanted the recipe. I happen to have the recipe and I'm happy to post it here so these salad lovers can again have their 'fix.' This recipe serves 4 entree size servings or 8 side servings.
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 lb gorgonzola, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil, mild flavored
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
- 1 bunch watercress, cleaned and cut bite-size
- 8 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 cups walnuts, shelled halves
- In a blender, process basil, gorgonzola and vinegar. Then, on a slower speed, blend in oil briefly. Set aside in refrigerator to chill.
- Later, in a large mixing bowl, combine the greens.
- Add dressing and toss to coat all leaves.
- Transfer the dressed greens to several chilled serving plates. Top each with equal amounts of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and walnuts.
I have never eaten at CPK, but this is one tasty salad. The only thing that I would change is to maybe add sliced strawberries, thinly sliced Granny Smith apple or some dried cranberries. Thanks for sharing this recipe!