Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another Happy Cow recipe...this one is awesome with a Mediterranean feel! Try it with some grilled chicken added and served with a crusty bread for a main dish. No mayo makes this one picnic friendly and it is best served at room temperature.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, medium-sized red (or golden potatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt (more if needed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (more if needed)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced thinly sliced roasted peeled red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 3 tablespoons chives
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely diced california monterey jack cheese
- Steam potatoes over boiling water in covered saucepan until just tender when pierced with tip of a sharp knife, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and cool until tepid, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing: In large bowl, place olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and stir or whisk until blended and smooth. Add roasted red peppers, green onion and tarragon and stir to combine.
- When potatoes have cooled, cut them in half lengthwise, then cut them crosswise into slices about 1/2-inch thick.
- Add cheese, then stir and toss gently to combine and coat potatoes and cheese with the dressing.
- Taste, then season to taste with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- If not serving within 1 hour, refrigerate the salad.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.